Managing Editor (Software Engineering)
We do marketing for technology companies to help them find their ideal customers.
Managing Editor (Software Engineering)
We’re looking for a Managing Editor to supervise our software engineering-related content marketing!
Our Content Team is focused on driving overall content strategy and execution by working as partners to all other teams within the organization.
This Managing Editor is responsible for safeguarding the authority of content published for a software engineer audience, and acting as a resource and thought leader for business users.
The Core Mission of this role is to be responsible for ensuring the highest quality of content across the properties they are responsible for, which support the business and products that we offer. Content produced or sourced by a Managing Editor may have many different goals, but the most common is to drive relevant traffic to our sites, and to ensure that the intent of that traffic is aligned with our call to action (newsletter signup, affiliate click, form submission, sales demo signup, etc.) Editors are also responsible for
ABOUT YOU: You are a thorough, passionate, creative, resourceful, and proactive writer with insatiable curiosity to learn about the latest trends in business technology and translate them for a busy audience. You can go from novice to expert on topics with efficient, targeted research. You are an agile thinker who is focused on high-interest, high-engagement journalism with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Creates, produces, and manages the content for a group of dedicated websites focussed on software engineering
- Direct all content work while working with freelancers and writers on the team
- Experience with analyzing traffic data to develop audience strategies for an infrastructure of dedicated websites.
- Collaboration with Audience Development, Sales Enablement, Marketing and Operations Teams to support their content creation needs and ensure consistency of messaging across the company
- Provide mentorship and guidance to more junior content producers, instilling best practices across the team
- Carry out reporting and analysis of content performance along with recommendations for optimizations
- 6 years content creation experience for a technical audience, ideally for a B2B audience
- Extensive experience with software engineering and development
- 3 years managing technology websites, including on-page SEO and site performance ownership
- Ability to determine editorial scope and direction
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Self-starter: somebody who has a positive attitude and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves, and get some work done
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and visual
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build warm, long-lasting relationships with contacts at B2B SaaS firms and help them promote their brands
- High attention to detail to ensure content is thoroughly fact-checked and accurate
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret traffic and performance to draw suitable recommendations on future content
Perks and Benefits
TechnologyAdvice team members benefit from an environment that pushes them to grow personally and professionally, with the support of a highly motivated team around them. On top of that, we also offer the following:
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with match
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Career Development Meetings for your first 60 days
- Gym Membership reimbursement
- Bucket List Benefit
- Team Outings and Volunteer Opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Catered lunches 4 days a week
- Birthday celebrations
- Coffee, soda, snacks, ping pong, and beer on Fridays
- HR phone Interview
- Skills Assessment
- Hiring Manager Zoom Interview
- Test Drive
TechnologyAdvice is committed to the safety and wellness of each of our employees. In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, employees have the option to Work From Home (WFH) through at least August 1st.
The following measures have also been implemented for employees working in-office based on CDC and local guidelines:
- Social distancing between workspaces
- Mandatory mask policy
- Frequent sanitation of high-touch surfaces
- Room capacities for all conference rooms
- COVID-19 contact and exposure response policy
- Individually packaged catered lunches