We are the leading provider of predictive analytics and targeted clinical programs that improve medication prescribing and adherence.
RxAnte is looking for a strong mid-level Software Engineer to join our Web Services team.
From our founding in 2011, RxAnte’s mission has been simple: Get More from Medicines. Today, with a team of 100 and offices in Sterling, VA and Portland, ME, we are the leading provider of predictive analytics and targeted clinical programs that improve medication prescribing and adherence. With 14 million lives under management, our patented solutions for health plans are proven to improve quality scores and lower costs. A significant component to these clinical programs is RxAnte’s Mosaic Pharmacy Service. Designed specifically to provide high-value pharmacy services to Medicare Advantage and Part D plans and their most vulnerable members, Mosaic has proven that our unique service model improves medication prescribing, adherence, clinical quality scores, and total cost of care. We provide a superior pharmacy experience for Mosaic members while working with their prescribers and caregivers to make regimens safer, simpler, and more affordable.
RxAnte is backed by a strong syndicate of private equity investors including UPMC, the $19 billion health plan and hospital system.
About the Job
We’re hiring a full-time Software Engineer to join Web Services, the 100% remote team responsible for our web applications and third-party integrations.
You’ll help us build, release, and maintain our 2 innovative software products, both built on a PHP-based web stack. Generally speaking, that means:
- Wiring up UI on the frontend, coding backend business logic, and tackling small issues throughout the codebase
- Working on large projects under the mentorship of a more senior project lead toward a high-quality solution delivered on time
- Working on small, clearly defined projects by yourself from time to time
We hire great people and trust them to do great work. That means software development typically happens within autonomous project teams that are responsible for driving well-shaped projects from concept to completion. No egos here. Just a handful of humble, talented, and conscientious designers and engineers who play well with others and work as a team to ship great things.
By the time you’ve reached this stage of your career, you should have a healthy appreciation for the depth of expertise possible in software engineering. You know what you don’t know, and you’re clear on the paths of growth that make sense for you. Accordingly, you’ll be expected to seek out opportunities for experience and self-directed learning, and eagerly share what you’re learning with the rest of the team.
You’ll report to the Senior Manager of Web Services.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience working with MySQL
- Experience with a distributed version control system like Git to collaborate on software development within a team
- A good writer, which is especially important given the asynchronous and technically precise nature of our work
- A desire to work on small, autonomous project teams
- An eagerness to grow professionally and sharpen your technical chops, through both mentorship from your teammates and self-directed learning
You’re able to work remotely, and the majority of your workday easily falls within a US timezone. You must be qualified to work in the United States and able to pass a drug screening.
What We’d Be Excited to Find
- Familiarity building and maintaining HIPAA-compliant software
From day one, we offer…
- Fantastic health, dental, and vision insurance with an employer-funded HSA
- Ample and flexible PTO
- 11 company holidays per year
- A generous 401k plan
- Life, long-term, and optional short-term disability insurance
- Support for ongoing professional development and training
How to Apply
Please apply with a brief resume and a cover letter tailored to this position.
Tell us about something you’re proud to have built and how it speaks to what we’re looking for. Tell us why this position is just the thing you’ve been hoping to find. Give us a preview of what it’ll be like working with you.
No need to write a novel, so please keep your cover letter around 600 words at the most.
We strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds and every walk of life to apply. Every person on our team brings their own unique perspective, and it’s what makes our products better and our work more rewarding. We’re eager to support you so that you can ship work you’re proud of.
Candidates only. No recruiters, please.