Backend Software Engineer
VEVA Sound was founded in 2002 and has worked to define, create and implement the standards for how sound recordings are preserved and monetized.
Backend Software Engineer
We’re looking for a PHP/Laravel engineer to join our distributed development team. If you enjoy solving problems and making well-thought recommendations, we want to hear from you.
VEVA Collect is the premier platform for project collaboration in the audio space. For every stage of production: from songwriting to mastering, users can ensure all credits are accurate, files are safe, and can collaborate in new ways. From podcasts to song catalogs to mixed and mastered projects, the best way to ensure that credits are accurate is to Collect while you Create™. That’s why accurate metadata is at the center of VEVA Collect’s platform exporting a valid DDEX RIN file.
We take user input seriously. VEVA Collect was developed from the ground-up based on feedback from music industry pros and independent creators alike. Because of this great insight provided by our users, we are continually building new features to make VEVA Collect the best resource for accurate credits, robust metadata, and file safety.
We’re looking for a freelance PHP developer with experience in Laravel to join our distributed development team. If you enjoy solving problems, making well-thought recommendations, and are an all-around cool person, we want to hear from you.
You’ll collaborate with the product owner and lead developers to provide solutions for new features, and to facilitate partner integrations. Most of your time will be spent working on additions to the platform, with the occasional assist on investigating and fixing bugs.
- 3+ years of experience in PHP.
- 2+ years of experience in Laravel.
- Have experience building GraphQL API’s to support a variety of client applications/integrations.
- Have experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, SQS, Lambda).
- You are a team player who uses humility, focus, and respect to help their team succeed.
- You love solving problems.
- You are an effective communicator and are comfortable articulating technical solutions when needed.
- You are a self-starter with a positive attitude.
We consider it a plus if you…
- Have experience in Golang.
- Have a passion for music, especially if you have worked in proximity to the music industry before.
- Have experience working on a self-organizing team.
- Have a good sense of humor.
Submit Application -> Screening -> Team Interview -> Abilities Assessment -> Final Interview