Senior Full Stack Engineer
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage a fleet.
Senior Full Stack Engineer
We're looking for a user-focused, expert-level React engineer with high-quality UI/UX skills and experience with web frameworks (Ruby-on-Rails preferred).
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage a fleet. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day.
One of the things our customers love most about Fleetio is its user-friendliness. We take design and UX extremely seriously and are looking to add to our engineering team to help us continue to delight our customers.
We're looking for a user-focused, expert-level React engineer with high-quality UI/UX skills and experience with web frameworks (Ruby-on-Rails preferred). This is a position we consider essential to the company’s success. Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you actually read this. Please note, this is a remote role and is only open to US-based candidates.
You will focus on delivering a delightful user experience using React and other modern front-end tooling. Although this role is more UI-focused, you should feel comfortable developing across the full web stack to add backend functionality when features may call for it. You will also have opportunities to flex your design and UX skills as you collaborate with Product Managers and Designers to plan, design, and drive the implementation of cohesive solutions.
Our stack includes Ruby on Rails, React and AngularJS (we're currently migrating to React), PostgreSQL. We’re on Rails 6 and strive to keep our frameworks and libraries up to date.
- 2+ years of expert-level production React experience
- 4+ years of professional experience with web application frameworks (Ruby-on-Rails preferred)
- Experience with modern JS ecosystem tooling, such as Webpack, Babel
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as Jest, RSpec
- Understanding of object-oriented programming and relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Understanding of the balance between scrappiness and long-term code maintainability
- Ability to break down large problems into smaller deliverable chunks
- Compelled to make things look beautiful and work flawlessly
Considered a Plus, if you...
- Have experience with Tailwind or CSS-in-JS frameworks
- Have experience with TypeScript
- Have experience upgrading/rewriting existing UI's
- Have experience with client-side JS performance profiling tools
- Know a thing or two about the fleet industry
Submit Application -> Recruiter Screening -> VP of Engineering/Hiring Manager Interview -> Technical Assessment (Paid) -> Team Interview -> Final Interview