Senior Data Engineer
We’re creating the world's first dental wellness experience to make going to the dentist an experience people actually look forward to.
Senior Data Engineer
You will create SQL databases for a variety of applications and business uses.
At Tend, we’re combining top-notch care with soothing and safe environments, elevated hospitality, consumer-grade technology, and curated products to redefine going to the dentist as a whole-you wellness experience.
Reimagining dentistry takes a unique and diverse team, all working together through commitment, collaboration, and creativity to create the world’s first dental wellness experience. Join the team that makes going to the dentist an experience people look forward to.
We’re looking to add a Senior Data Engineer to our team who is experienced in creating SQL databases for a variety of applications and business uses. You’ll work across teams and use cutting edge tech to solve interesting, large-scale problems. Creating at a rapid pace you’ll make a direct and lasting impact anywhere that technology powers our business.
- Design, implement and maintain reporting databases, data warehouse and OLAP data structures
- Design, develop, test, deliver, and implement SQL solutions within ETL processes.
- Manage day to day operations of multiple Microsoft SQL Server/Postgres databases.
- Optimize databases for performance and scalability.
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Analyze, define, and document system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Responsible for problem resolution, database configuration, capacity planning, performance tuning and optimizations.
- Create and maintain database master plans, data dictionaries and disaster recovery documentation
- Consults with internal and external clients to prototype, refine, test, and debug databases and obtain client approval.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Design, build, and deploy BI solutions (Looker)
- Responsible for on-call emergency response during database failure.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships
- Promotes good working relationships among staff and between other disciplines and departments. Assumes individual accountability for own conduct and maintenance of professional attitude and appearance.
- Approaches change in a positive manner, motivate staff to work as a team, accept constructive criticism and learn from it.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- 5+ years of experience with MSSQL/TSQL/BI
- 3+ years or more ETL concept exp
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of dimensional and relational database models
- Experience with web services (Both REST and SOAP).
- Some programming experience.
- Experience with MSSQL and/or Postgres
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Engineering Team Interview