SimpleVoIP provides hosted Voice over IP (VoIP)-based communications services to businesses, particularly those for whom the old model of a big enterprise system in a phone closet is not ideal.
Improve UI/UX and related processes for a small, growing B2B telecom provider.
We are looking for a qualified front-end developer to join our IT team. You will be primarily responsible for building the client side of our web applications. You should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications. If you’re interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design. Ultimately, you should be able to create a functional and attractive digital environment for our company, ensuring a great user experience. You will also be assisting the rest of the Infrastructure team in covering a wide variety of tasks, including management of our cloud-based voice platform and peripheral systems, handling escalations from our support team, and improving our workflows to make things more automatic and resilient.
- Create user-friendly web pages for our customers and our support team
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Design mobile-based features
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Write documentation for end users
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies
- Contribute to infrastructure design for speed and resilience of applications
- Assist our support team with escalations
- Some night and weekend hours for maintenance/upgrades
- Available on-call for emergencies
- Proven work experience as a front-end developer
- Significant experience with JQuery+Bootstrap (newer JS frameworks, Angular/Vue a plus)
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics and user experience design principles
- Experience using Git in a collaborative environment
- Familiarity with the full tech stack, especially Linux systems in AWS
- Experience designing, maintaining, and optimizing MySQL/Postgres DBs
- Familiarity with PHP, Node.js a plus
Education + Experience
- 2+ years of professional UI/UX development
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with JQuery
=Bachelor's preferred, but not required with ample real-world experience
Apply via Indeed here: https://www.indeed.com/job/ui-developer-d3f88ed01ea79b8d
A screening interview should be conducted, after which an in-person interview with the hiring manager can be arranged.