Lead Data Architect
Songspace’s mission is to streamline creative and business workflows that contribute to a more efficient and transparent music industry.
Lead Data Architect
Songspace is seeking an experienced Lead Data Architect to oversee the design, implementation, and management of the company’s data assets, workflows, processes, models, databases, and technologies.
Songspace is seeking an experienced Lead Data Architect to oversee the design, implementation, and management of the company’s data assets, workflows, processes, models, databases, and technologies. This is a hands-on position with daily activities ranging from strategic planning, to new system development, to department leadership, to customer response. This role will be responsible for maintaining and improving existing data architectures and implementations, with a continuous goal of automating data processes, increasing data workflow efficiencies, ensuring data availability, supporting scalability, and mitigating data security risks. This position offers the ideal candidate an opportunity to be a key leader and influencer in the company’s technology and product roadmap and strategy, working in an interesting and fun industry, with substantial responsibility, self-direction, and autonomy.
- Lead the company’s Data Team, data platforms, and data technology strategy
- Evaluate, design, implement, and support scalable, cloud-based databases, frameworks, pipelines, and environments that support automated management, workflow, exchange, integration, governance, and integration of structured and unstructured data
- Develop logical and physical models as well as data lifecycle strategies and SOP
- Create and manage data backup, recovery, and data retirement strategies
- Assess, document, and articulate existing data architecture to identify opportunities for improvement and mitigation of technical debt
- Maintain, improve, and extend the Songspace music data exchange platform, a music content management and workflow pipeline system for music copyright and sound recording data and multimedia
- Collaborate with other internal teams to deliver projects and initiatives such as new products, functionalities, applications, upgrades, and data integrations
- Identify and promote opportunities to increase data usability, efficiency, and profitability
- Participate with other company department leaders on roadmap strategy and prioritization
- Work with the technology teams to plan, prioritize, and manage technical backlog of data deliverables
- Collaborate to deliver proofs-of-concept, and lead implementation projects
- Oversee ingestions of music metadata and multimedia assets from creator, music publishing, and record label clients
- Manage daily monitoring of content delivery queues and troubleshoot/resolve delivery errors
- Data technology subject matter expert for our clients, external data providers, and internal teams
- Advise and guide new clients and their technical team when integrating with the Songspace platform
- Create and collaborate with others on the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Manage and mentor data team members