Songspace’s mission is to streamline creative and business workflows that contribute to a more efficient and transparent music industry.
Songspace is seeking an experienced Data Developer/Engineer to build and manage the data tools, applications, models, processes, and workflows that support internal and external data workflows.
Songspace is seeking an experienced Data Developer/Engineer to build and manage the data tools, applications, models, processes, and workflows that support the efficient and automated management and provision of the company’s data across internal systems and external products, the ingestion of multimedia files and metadata provided by our clients, and the exchange of data with our business partners. This role will also analyze data and create/run SQL queries to deliver information to various teams across the company. The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of data pipeline tools, processes, platforms, storage, and databases, as well as the full data lifecycle across ingestion, integration, provision, and deprecation. This position offers an opportunity to design, build, and manage mission critical data applications and products in an interesting and fun industry, with self-direction and autonomy.
- Design and create new, and improve existing data pipelines, tools, and processes to facilitate the efficient and automated movement and exchange of data between internal systems, external customers, and 3rd party data providers
- Build and operate stable, scalable, automated data pipelines that cleanse, and integrate disparate data sets into a common, standardized format for use in both transactional processing and reporting
- Manage and perform ingestions of music metadata and multimedia assets from music creator, music publisher, and record label clients
- Manage daily monitoring of content delivery queues and troubleshoot/resolve delivery errors
- Technical data point of contact for our clients, external data providers, and internal Client Services team
- Advise and guide new clients and their technical team when integrating with the Songspace platform
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and solve technical data issues, escalating unsolved issues to the appropriate team
- Create and sponsor ideas and work with internal teams to develop new tools that will assist clients and/or internal stakeholders to automate and optimize data workflow and data accessibility
- Work with the technology teams to plan, prioritize, and manage technical backlog of data deliverables
- Create and Maintain scripts to automate daily tasks
- Perform custom SQL queries and run existing scripts and queries upon request
- Create and Maintain test data, and Perform/Test upgrades, code changes and bug fixes
- Create and Maintain documentation of code, scripts, tools, applications, and processes
- Train team members in use of internal data tools