Automation Engineer in Test
Building the future Mobile experience for field services technicians.
Automation Engineer in Test
The Automation Engineer in Test will implement automated tests for our mobile (React-Native) and web (ReactJs) apps using Appium (JS), Cypress and other tools. Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Test Automation Engineer
The Product Engineering team at XOi Technologies is responsible for building and maintaining the Vision Platform. The Vision platform is used by the men and women in the field service industry to get the job done right the first time. We provide a mobile and web application to Capture work performed, Coach technicians with training materials and Collaborate with other expert technicians in specialized virtual support centers. All of this is also powered by a robust set of machine learning capabilities to drive behaviors.
The XOi Engineering team is a group of talented and passionate people who care deeply about their users. We use best of breed engineering tools and practices to constantly deliver high quality product to our users to solve their real world problems.
The Test Automation Engineer is a functional expert in the field of software quality assurance and automated testing. The position will perform test case automation, identify and analyze software defects, and generate related quality reports. Additionally, the Test Automation Engineer will assist with the creation and enhancement of test automation processes and procedures. The Software Automation Engineer will participate in all test automation related activities for approved projects, system improvements, and ad-hoc or emergency requests.
- Develops automated testing scripts and code modules for testing automation
- Quickly and accurately performs troubleshooting and repair of existing test scripts
- Executes functional tests using automation tools and reports results using defined process and resources
- Reports defects using the defined reporting process
- Assists with creation of automation processes and procedures with input from business teams, development, and Customer Support
- Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion following established standards and techniques. Shows a strong attention to development detail, produces high-quality code.
- Participates in code reviews to ensure adherence to established coding and architectural standards
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years of software application development and testing experience
- 2+ years hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- 1+ years hands-on experience with mobile app test automation
- Experience with service level or API level automation testing
- Experience with services testing and using automation tools like JMeter, SoapUI, Jasmine, Postman
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery. Visual Studio App Center automation experience is a plus.
- Experience operating in an Agile Scrum environment
- Working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) and relational database structures
- Experience troubleshooting and solving technical problems. Ability to work independently to remove roadblocks.
- Experience reporting testing results in a clear, detailed, and analytical style using fact-based metrics
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with Cucumber or Selenium Webdriver test automation tools
- Experience with Calabash or Appium is a plus
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Java, HTML, JS, CSS, Web Services, HTTP, REST and SQL
- Experience with automated performance or load testing
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools including JIRA, Confluence
- Proficiency in Release Management and Testing processes
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail