Clients partner with FreightWise, LLC. to leverage our carrier volume, technology, and industry knowledge to reduce supply chain costs over 20% in most cases.
We have a small team (currently 4) that writes the software that powers the entire company's business processes. We're looking for an experienced Node.JS developer to help us as we continue to grow.
We're looking for a software developer to help us take the software at FreightWise to the next level.
As a developer for FreightWise, you will get the chance to work on a small, but growing team, and the chance to be creative and to take ownership of your own projects. We move fast, deploy often, and make improvements quickly - no several month long development cycles.
We don't limit ourselves to specific sets of technology, and we're always re-evaluating our choices and making changes when justified. That being said, we use a lot of Node.JS, PostgreSQL, Vue, Angular.JS, and products from Amazon Web Services.
What we expect from you:
- 2+ years writing software in a team environment
- Experience shipping applications to production
- Working on well on a team
- Solving problems & researching solutions independently
- Asking questions & thinking outside the box
- Willing to learn new languages / technologies / architectural patterns
- Ability work in our Brentwood Office
- Working knowledge of SQL at least one object-oriented programming language
Other experience that would be a big plus:
- Docker / AWS ECS / Kubernetes
- Automated integration tests
- Advanced with PostgreSQL
- React Native
- Integrations between multiple systems
- Freight / Logistics
- UI Design
What you can expect from us:
- Work / life balance
- Chances to work with new technologies
- A newly renovated office with loads of great restaurants nearby
- Kitchen fully stocked with snacks, coffee, and energy drinks
- Fun office antics such as 'Fantastic FreightWise Friday Funday', 'The Office' trivia, Freightie awards (5 get you $500 and an extra day of vacation), Schrute Bucks auctions, etc
- Access to benefits with Health/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability Insurance, 401(k) with matching, and paid holidays/vacations
- Company-wide goal-based bonus programs
Interested? Send an email to hr+software(at)freightwisellc.com with the following:
- Why you want this job
- A description of one of your favorite projects and what you enjoyed about it
- Your answers to the software test - find it here: https://assets.freightwisellc.com/files/software-test-2.zip
- A resume, LinkedIn, or other form of telling us who you are and why you're a good fit
- Any example code, boot camp projects, open source contributions, etc that you would like to share us
- Your favorite scene from The Office (or the reason you haven't watched it, yet)