Engineering Team Lead
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love.
Engineering Team Lead
SmileDirectClub is hiring an Engineering Team Lead. We're looking for bright, ambitious, and highly capable people that can thrive in a fast-paced environment while working with advanced technologies.
We’re SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they’ll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you’ll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we’re all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So we’re spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It’s no small task. That’s why we’re looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns, into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
SmileDirectClub is hiring an Engineering Team Lead. We're looking for bright, ambitious, and highly capable people that can thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment while working with advanced technologies.
- Responsible to drive the day to day operations of an engineering team.
- Architecture, design, code, test, and QA for our internal applications and technology platform.
- Operational support for our applications and technology platform.
- Mentor Junior Developers.
- Current technology stack includes some of the following: C++, Java, Python, Scala, C#, DynamoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, VueJS, Git, AWS, Kubernetes.
- Ability to gather business requirements and develop design documents, implement the code and write unit tests.
- Ability to take a task from requirements to deployment and support.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritizing and organizing these tasks to maximize productivity.
- Self-starter with strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Eagerness to tackle problems outside your core competencies and learn new technologies as required.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems or demonstrated industry hands-on experience.
- Minimum 6 years of hands on experience with open source development.
- Experience in the design and development of sophisticated, modern applications and services.
- Proficiency in Git.
- Development experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with Kubernetes a plus.
- Experience with agile development processes.
- Understanding of Development Operations and server architecture.