Idyl Technologies is an upstart public cloud provider based in Nashville, TN. We're developer-focused, open-source and specialize in Operations Automation through Docker and other cloud-native tools.
Seeking a Full-Stack Developer who will be responsible for building web applications and cloud APIs to provision, manage and monitor enterprise data centers for operations automation
Idyl Technologies brings Silicon Valley to the South. Based in Nashville, TN, we're a public cloud provider—similar to AWS, Azure or Google Cloud—except that we have an intense focus on simplifying application deployment, management and monitoring. Known as Operations Automation, our platform allows developers to focus on developing applications, not configuring infrastructure. Increase development velocity, reduce deployment complexity and streamline IT processes with Idyl's turn-key DevOps platform. Our cloud environment tightly integrates cloud-native tools like Docker containers and cluster orchestrators to simplify the rollout of highly available deployments without advanced knowledge of networking or learning complex tools like Kubernetes. Go from Github to Production in minutes. Simple. Open-source. Developer-focused. Idyl Cloud — Now in beta
We're growing and looking for smart people to join us!
In general, you must:
- Be an independent, proactive, curious, relentless, disciplined, infinite learner
- Be able to put yourself in the shoes of the client and translate business objectives into sensible application designs
- Be comfortable in a startup environment and be adaptable, willing to self-start, and work in various roles, as needed
- Be an excellent communicator and team player capable of working with other engineers
The Full-Stack Developer will add features and functionality to our existing cloud software suite, but also have the opportunity to build new applications from the ground up. The Full-Stack Developer will work closely with our infrastructure engineers to develop new product features and expose them to users through clean APIs and UIs.
Work in a team to develop infrastructure applications
The Idyl CLI is the core tool for the management of compute instances, networks and volumes on Idyl Cloud. We're looking for full-stack developers to help us:
- Build an intuitive user portal front-end (GUI) to compliment Idyl's feature-rich CLI and backend
- Add new features and functionality to our existing CloudAPI backend (Node.js)
- Create new tools and products for developers as needed
Our platform leverages several open-source projects, so our stack is diverse. However, the majority of our applications are built with Node.js and Go. We also leverage lots of Bash, python and other scripting languages. Additionally, in this job you will utilize modern frameworks, tools and technologies such as Docker containers, orchestrators, configuration management tools, CI/CD pipelines and more (We guarantee that you'll learn A LOT of new stuff!). The most promising candidates will also have an eye for design, incorporating beautiful elements into the UI, and have an empathy for the end-user, expressed through an intuitive UX.
Guide our product decisions
We're a cloud for developers, so we want to hear your thoughts! What tools or features would you like to see?
- Guide our product design and feature roadmap
- Understand market trends and research existing solutions and emerging technologies
- Manage design, development, testing, deployment and analysis of product features
- Report progress to executive/strategic team, providing recommendations as necessary
- Experience building scalable software based on object-oriented abstractions and modular design patterns
- Expertise in fundamentals of software development, including Agile processes, test-driven development, and tools for developing, testing, integrating and deploying code
- Comfortable developing in a team using Git version control
- Extensive experience designing REST APIs
- Experience developing cloud-native applications in N-tiered and microservices architectures
- Advanced knowledge of Docker
- Experience using DevOps tooling such as Terraform, Consul, Vault, Nomad, Ansible, Jenkins, Prometheus and others
- Golang development experience
- Clear understanding of the principles of distributed systems, including stateful/statelessness and the CAP theorem
We're a startup, so we do things a little differently...
- Remote work option
- Vibrant and trendy co-working office in East Nashville next to Bolton's (🔥 Hot Chicken, Y'all!) and the Turnip Truck (Mmmmm kale 🥬)
- Ping pong, pool table, table shuffleboard, and corn hole 🏓
- Community events like Food Truck Fridays and Happy Hour 🍻
- Dog friendly office 🐶
- Generous vacation policy 🌴
- Flexible work hours (Whether you're a Early Bird 🦜 or Night Owl 🦉, it doesn't matter to us.)
- Company equity available for top candidates 💸