Front End Engineer
As the leading innovator in qualitative market research, 20|20 simplifies the connection between researchers and consumers.
Front End Engineer
We're looking for an experienced Front End Engineer to add to our team, working on a React/Redux application.
We’re a team of thinkers and doers. We believe the place where you spend a big portion of your week should be an enjoyable one—which is why we emphasize a positive attitude, encourage professional development, and keep our kitchen stocked with your favorite snacks. We’re inspired to help others and committed to serving our clients the best we can. We’re nice. We’re funny. “Good morning,” and “How are you?” aren’t just formal greetings.
20|20’s Software Development team applies cutting-edge technology and skills to ensure our market research software platforms remain an innovative force within the industry. Whether front-end engineer, software architect, backend-developer or quality control, each member of this integrated team is essential to supporting our enterprise-level products. If this sounds like the team for you, we’re interested.
We are an established technology-based Nashville company seeking a full time, permanent hire to help round out an existing development team. An ideal candidate has 5+ years full time, front end development experience working in the latest JS frameworks and tooling, with a strong focus on client/end-user UX and design. This position will be responsible for contributing to the planning, design, development, and maintenance of large web applications. This position will also be responsible for receiving information and opinions from internal and external stakeholders and making UX decisions regarding interface design and implementation. Position level will be commensurate with experience.
- Participate in application design and planning
- Integrate with internal and external stakeholders on development items
- Improve and develop user-facing features, while understanding use-cases and making pragmatic decisions regarding UX/UI concerns
- Contribute to a maintainable application codebase
- Coordinate efforts with architects, backend-developers, and other staff
- Spend time with team members to understand user needs and priorities to integrate a deep understanding of our clients and users into the application design
- Perform additional team responsibilities as necessary
- 5+ years relevant UX and JS framework development experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and dispute-resolution skills
- Ability to learn our industry, users, and clients and empathize with their priorities and needs
- Expert knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, SASS, and ES6/Typescript
- Proficiency with ReactJS and related tooling: Webpack, Babel, Redux
- Willingness to learn new technologies and libraries
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Self-motivated; comfortable working independently or as part of a team
Applicants must be eligible for unsponsored permanent employment in the United States. Telecommuting/remote arrangements are available for candidates with prior, successful, remote work experience. Remote applicants will be required to attend multiple in-office events per year.
Compensation includes salary (negotiable), company-matched 401k, health/dental /vision insurance options, company-sponsored events, and flexible working requirements. At present, we are not utilizing the services of any placement or hiring agencies, please do not inquire.