Senior Front-End Developer
Senior Front-End Developer
We're looking for an experienced front-end developer to help us build data-intensive applications as part of a team of caring and empathetic individuals.
Stratasan is looking for a senior front-end developer to join our team! This person will be leading our front-end web development efforts and is expected to set the standard for the team. We expect our senior developers to 1) independently deliver bug fixes, features and products, 2) help to mentor less-senior members of the team and 3) lend their experience to help improve the overall processes of our development team. We encourage you to read more about our engineering culture at our Stratasan Engineering Culture site.
- Independently deliver bug fixes, features and products.
- Work with our Product team to design how products look, feel and work.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior team members.
- Oversee front-end architecture and code completed by other members of the team and review for standards and quality.
Why We Should Hear From You
- You can effectively communicate, deliver ideas and gather buy-in. If anything, you over-communicate. We are not interested in hiring developers that only speak in code.
- You feel at home building complex applications on the modern web. If you don’t know our specific technologies, we’d love to help you learn them!
- Simplifying the usage & visualization of data is the heart of our business. You are interested in manipulating and using large data sets.
- You’re not evangelical about Test Driven Development, but you gain peace of mind writing tests that ensure your contributions continue to work over time.
- You’re comfortable with version control and Git.
- You’re excited to review other team members pull requests, provide feedback and contribute your knowledge to the group so that we all can improve together.
- The ability to mentor and coach is something we highly value in our senior developers. You should have experience in mentoring and coaching less experienced developers on your team.
- Python 3 with Django & Django-REST-Framework-driven APIs
- PostgreSQL/Redshift/Redis datastores
We've documented our process here.
As always, pay is generally based on level of experience, but we expect this position to land in the $100-120k range.
Stratasan is a Nashville-based company that provides intelligence on healthcare markets to hospital strategists, physician offices, community care experts, and others. We aggregate healthcare data, curate it, and provide reports and tools that aid healthcare decision-making. As an example, we give guidance to our clients looking to place a new acute care clinic.