Software QA Engineer
ReadyBase helps freelance developers grow and secure contracts without the hassle of administrative work. Once you work with us on a project, we try to keep you at full capacity.
Software QA Engineer
You will lead comprehensive software testing initiatives and ensure that system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved for implementation/conversion.
As our Software QA Engineer you will lead comprehensive software testing initiatives (i.e. regression, functional), undertake complex projects requiring additional specialized product knowledge, and make well-thought-out decisions on ambiguous quality issues. You will have considerable client exposure and company asset liability. You will ensure that system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved for implementation/conversion.
Ideally this will be a contract-to-hire position, but we are open to alternatives and willing to work with the right candidate as long as it's a good fit for both sides. Please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Develop, review, maintain, and execute test environments, test plans, test data etc.
- Communicate, Coordinate, and consult with the software development team and project managers
- Thoroughly document all defects and discrepancies throughout the life cycle.
- Ensure all programs have met specifications, user requirements, and company technical standards; participate in code review activities.
- Ensure software releases and program documentation conform to programming and customer specifications.
- Accurately report testing results and progress at appropriate intervals as established by the functional and/or product support areas
- Establish and maintain the accuracy of test data. Refresh and/or assist with refreshing test data to correct any deficiencies.
- Participate in business or technical design reviews
- Conduct impact and gap analysis for new and existing program or system implementations and/or changes.
- Browser testing across multiple platforms
- Automated testing
- Preferably 2 years of Software QA work-related experience, or a demonstrable ability to learn quickly and think through detailed test cases
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience in query development and creating/executing test scenarios
- Proactively maintain knowledge about new industry technologies