Enterprise Services - Senior
Enterprise Services - Senior
Built, a fintech company, is building a services team to support our applications and global customers in a collaborative environment, with high-quality code bases and empowered decision making.
Built is on a mission to simplify residential and commercial construction lending. Since day one, our goal has been to create the best way to access and manage construction capital. Our vision is to create the industry standard for construction lending software; built to streamline the loan management process and provide unprecedented portfolio insights. We strive to empower lenders, borrowers, builders, and others with innovative technologies, changing the way the world gets built.
One of Built’s areas of focus is continuing to provide the security, integrity, and auditability our customers deserve in an ever-changing landscape of use cases and needs. Increasingly, Built’s customers and partners leverage public APIs to provide programmatic access to our systems. In addition to outward facing needs, our internal systems are maturing and breaking into scalable services designed to be used in a composable fashion to deliver different product offerings to our customers. The two initial areas of this work are advanced feature management and notifications.
As a senior at Built, you will help:
- Set the tone for your team
- Lead the team towards mature design decisions while managing trade-offs such as technical debt
- Standards for quality, testing, and continual improvement
- Actively work to build up and mentor teammates
Success in this role is measured by:
- Delivering the right solution at the right time with integrity.
- Mentoring others within the context of small cross-functional teams
- Confronting and tackling odd, unique problems on a regular basis that arise in an industry not fully leveraging technology
- Delivering solutions that scale using strong architectural patterns and approaches
- Communicating and collaborating with both technical and non-technical team members to arrive at negotiated architectural design decisions.
- Participating in mature decisions involving complex trade-offs involved in accruing and paying down technical debt
- We care a lot about quality and safety in our codebase.
- The codebase will make heavy use of type hinting.
- Test coverage targets over 90%, and Pylint at 10/10.
- A Principal engineer who helps ensure we’re doing the right work with quality, leveraging the proper tools and advancing as a team.
- Two senior engineers who help lead the team toward solutions and ensure that we maintain consistent quality.
- Two talented engineers who assist in decision making and shipping features for customers multiple times a week.
What we need you to bring:
- Ideally, you’d already have significant Python and services design experience. but if not strong experience in the services design with an overwhelming desire to learn Python.
- Strong knowledge of AWS services for building and deploying scalable systems, messaging, persistence, and compute.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Significant refactoring and large codebase experience.
- A strong focus on our customers both internal and external.
- A dedication to the quality and ownership of your work product.
- Deep empathy and support of your teammates.
- Phone Screen
- Collaborative Code Pairing (not a test, it's about how you work with others, you'll see the problem ahead of time and available in Python, PHP, and JS)
- In Person conversations with Multiple engineering team members, Product and Management.